Thursday, October 27, 2011

The best martini in town - Blu Bar's Apple Martini

I know it's a bold statement, but I think this may be the best martini in this little town called Hong Kong, and certainly one of my favorites. In fact, the rest of the drinks menu may as well not exist at The Four Season's Blu Bar. Every time the bring over the menu, I politely wave it away, give the server a big smile and very proudly say "I know what I want...."


The Apple Martini at the Blue Bar is perfectly balanced, sweet (but I like it that way), flavourful, and fresh. It's not too strong, which actually works in your favour, because it's so morish you want to have at least 3 of them if you can. Made with vodka and fresh apple puree, then topped with a very thin slice of dehydrated apple, one could almost deem it healthy! The puree gives it dimension, and I almost feel like I'm having a snack at the same time!


And for one more special touch, it's served on a barman's tray, together with the cocktail shaker. They pour it into the glass at your table, then leave the shaker with you, which contains almost another full glass of the martini mixture. Talk about two for the price of one!


Please, do me a favour, go have one, and tell me you love it just as much as I do!


P.S. I apologise for the poor quality photo. I forgot my camera at home, and the Iphone 3 picture quality leaves much to be desired!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds DELISH, how about the Lychee Martini? LETS Go!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, now the blog post about the best Lychee Martinis in town takes a lot more thought, and a lot more drinking! Fancy doing a Lychee Martini tour with me when I'm back??!! LET'S DO IT Steph!xx

    ReplyDelete